- ECG phenomena such as Brugada etc
- use of ultrasound inc FAST/RUSH
- difficult airway gadgets and protocols
- what’s new in paeds/O&G
@KangarooBeach - Rural Doctor, Kangaroo Island
MBBS FRACGP FACRRM DRANZCOG DipANAES (JCCA)
Rural Procedural Doctor working in private practice on Kangaroo Island, South Australia. My interests include Emergency Medicine, Trauma, Anaesthetics, Human Factors & the use of 'guerilla sim' for in situ training. Blog at KIdocs.org & RuralDoctors.Net, both sites affiliated with the smacc conferences (Sydney 2013, Gold Coast 2014, Chicago 2015 - smacc.net.au)
I am an avid user & creator of #FOAMed content, aiming to help rural doctors maintain their expertise across disciplines & help them to deiver "quality care, out there". Currently on a sabbatical with MedSTAR Retrieval in SA, learning from the experts about prehospital care, standardisation in kit & training, high-fidelity sim and clinical governance. Many lessons from prehospital care apply to rural doctors, who's work intersects with critical illness infrequently but predictably.
"Critical illness does not respect geography"
SENIOR LECTURER - Flinders University Rural Clinical School Of Medicine
EMST (ATLS) Course Director - Surgeons.org
ETMcourse Instructor - ETMcourse.com
SPUMS dive medical examiner - SPUMS.org.au
RURAL DOCTORS NET - www.ruraldoctors.net
BLOGGING ABOUT RURAL MEDICINE IN AUSTRALIA - www.kidocs.org
Click to view PAGES
Blogs I Follow
- The Collective
- Doctor's bag
- ...what? A title? Oh... Hmmm...
- EM Lyceum
- accidentally bernie
- RuralFlyingDoc @ruralflyingdoc
- Nomadic GP
- Auckland HEMS
- Sim and Choppers
- The EM Edition.
- Broome Docs
- EMCrit Blog - Emergency Department Critical Care
- Resus M.E!
- RT @Crit_Care_Excel: @ketaminh Also NO DESAT with oxygen splitter, BVM and PEEP valve. Sats never dropped from 100 7 hours ago
- RT @drvtran: Just had a look at the #smaccUS program goo.gl/4lP9bV Looks like @smaccteam have outdone themselves again...by a long… 7 hours ago
- RT @MalcolmPForbes: Learning tips from, in my opinion, the most comprehensively skilled doctors in Australia #RMA14 Our rural communities a… 7 hours ago
- Can i work in Canada w a FACRRM? RT @awruddiman: Congrats new rFACRRMs @ACRRM #RMA14 from all your @SRPCanada Fellows @RCC_bc @DoctorsOfBC 7 hours ago
- Go SA rural docs! .@ruralhealthsa RT @MaritaCowie: Celeb spotting #RMA14 @ACRRM #ruralgeneralist #leadership #FACRRM http://t.co/c0BqQNIBLo 7 hours ago
I am a Rural Doctor on Kangaroo Island, South Australia with interests in EM, Anaes & Trauma. Currently working with MedSTAR Retrieval, SA. Avid user & creator of #FOAMed; EMST & ATLS Director, Instruct on ETMcourse.com. My sites include KIdocs.org & RuralDoctors.Net, affiliated with smaccCHICAGO Opinions expressed on these sites must not be used to make decisions about individual health related matters or clinical care as medical details vary from one case to another. Reader is responsible for checking information inc drug doses etc.