@KangarooBeach - Rural Doctor, Kangaroo Island
MBBS FRACGP FACRRM DRANZCOG DipANAES
Rural Procedural Doctor working in private practice on Kangaroo Island, South Australia. My interests include Emergency Medicine, Trauma, Anaesthetics, Human Factors & the use of 'guerilla sim' for in situ training.
I am an avid user & creator of #FOAMed content, aiming to help rural doctors maintain their expertise across disciplines & help them to deiver "quality care, out there"
Mindful of the fact that "critical illness does not respect geography", I am keen to improve the knowledge base of 'ocaasionalists'
My mission is to help demystify critical illness for the rural team via delivery of #FOAMed asynchronous online information sharing, as well formal courses such as ETMcourse, Critically Ill Airway and rural in situ sim.
I also care for oprhaned wildlife and co-authored a cookbook on Roadkill Recipes with my spouse - see wrongsideoftheroad.com.au (it's actually a trauma prevention project to raise awareness of wildlife on rural roads!)
SENIOR LECTURER - Flinders University Rural Clinical School Of Medicine
EMST (ATLS) Course Director - Surgeons.org
ETMcourse Instructor - ETMcourse.com
CRITICALLY ILL AIRWAY (CIA) Instructor - The Alfred ICU, Melbourne
SPUMS dive medical examiner - SPUMS.org.au
SMACC AIRWAY WORKSHOP faculty - smacc.net.au
Click to view PAGES
Blogs I Follow
- Dr Charles
- Australian Emergency Law
- The Collective
- ...what? A title? Oh... Hmmm...
- EM Lyceum
- accidentally bernie
- RuralFlyingDoc @ruralflyingdoc
- Nomadic GP
- Not just a GP
- Auckland HEMS
- Sim and Choppers
- The EM Edition.
- Broome Docs
- RT @purdy_eve: Fantastic read by @KangarooBeach highlighting nuances of RSI - must read for trainees exposed to variable practice. http://t… 2 days ago
- Kudos @EdwinKruys ... twitter.com/EgertonYDavisI… 2 days ago
- RT @EgertonYDavisIV: You want more SALAD? You cant handle the SALAD! goo.gl/fb/HnPnB5 - vive la #FOAMed 2 days ago
- If I hadnt already done it, I’d be over to Auckland like a shot - @airwaycam w’shop via @TheSharpEndCrew thesharpend.org/advanced-emerg… #FOAMed 2 days ago
- RT @SimNinja3688: Credit to @Straps_01 for finding this one. #AnyCPRbetterThanNone ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/26298… @Cotts01 @KangarooBeach http:/… 2 days ago
I am a Rural Doctor on Kangaroo Island, South Australia with interests in EM, Anaes & Trauma. Currently working with MedSTAR Retrieval, SA. Avid user & creator of #FOAMed; EMST & ATLS Director, Instruct on ETMcourse.com. My sites include KIdocs.org & RuralDoctors.Net, affiliated with smaccUs in Chicago 2015 Opinions expressed on these sites must not be used to make decisions about individual health related matters or clinical care as medical details vary from one case to another. Reader is responsible for checking information inc drug doses etc.